Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

News News News!

So I am awful at blogging. Things have been crazy and I've been distracted. I plan to do a better job at updating more.


The last time I said I had some good news that I would share soon. It is long overdue. 
I am finally going to have a FULL-TIME job! Yayyy...God is great! This is seriously a huge answer to prayer. Before I started working part-time at Residency Bureau I had 4 part-time jobs. Mostly working with kids. Waking up at 5:00am every morning and sometimes not getting home till after 10:00pm. Not very ideal but ya do what ya gotta do. :-/ 
Working at Residency Bureau is such a blessing though. Now I can check full-time job off my list. Oh and the cherry on top is that I get great benefits. Check that off too!
Goodbye Tricia

The only the sad part of me going full-time is that my co-worker is leaving. (which is basically why I was offered a full-time position.) It's a bittersweet deal. As of August 1st my co-worker will no longer be apart of Residency Bureau.

But that means I also start full-time the same day. 



Now for the main reason I have not kept up with blogging. I was involved in a car accident around the end of June. It was fairly traumatizing for me. I'm just going to state the facts. Someone hit me and the insurance company totaled my car. I am now in the oh so fun process of searching for a replacement for poor my car(Rufio). I'm kind of really sad about having to look for a new car already. Rufio was the first car that I paid for and owned all on my own. I didn't even have him a year.
Rufio - 1 last pic as I left the lot.
Rufio was a great car and I am grateful I had him even if it was only for a short time. I know it seems a bit silly but it was hard to leave the lot after clearing all my stuff out of the car and getting the tags. I will never forget you Rufio!

I had a rental car for a while but had to return that last week. Now I have to revert to sharing a car again until I can find a new one to buy. It kind of feels like I'm back in high school cause I have to ask permission and make arrangements to borrow the car. Yeah...I definitely don't miss that.



Next order of business. On Saturday me and some of my friends had a 24 hour Disney movie marathon. I know what you're thinking and yes, we are CRAZY! But we are also amazingly fun too. :-) 

I'm a bit of a nut for Disney so I was ecstatic to be doing it. I had wanted to do a Disney marathon for a couple years now but could never get people to commit to it for a day. And then I was only trying to make it a day time event. So finally people agreed to come. I had jokingly said we should make it midnight to midnight event but apparently that was a good idea to some. Therefore, after checking to be sure people were serious about the 24 hour thing, I planned the event. It was great but sooo exhausting! I believe we watched somewhere around a dozen movies, give or take. I stayed awake the whole time give or a take few ten minute naps during some films. Afterward we were all pooped. It was interesting to see the different stages of tiredness and then rejuvenation and that whole vicious cycle. Starting at midnight was hard cause we all had been up all day already. Which meant it was a bit hard to stay awake at first. But we were able to push through to the second wind. We took little brakes like for meals and whatnot of course. Actually, and I find this hilarious, we ended up going to Best Buy when it opened to buy more dvds. The VHS player was being funky so we couldn't watch any of the classics we had. major bummer. Fortunately we found most of them at Best Buy. Sadly there was no Little Mermaid or Beauty and the Beast, which are two of my favorites. Ergo I was a bit bummed. But now I know what I am going to be putting some money aside for. A VHS player and also investing in the dvds of some of the classic Disney movies. Never want to have that problem again.
There was mention of making the Disney marathon an annual event but I just don't know about that. It very well could just stay a one time thing. Maybe doing a mini marathon would be acceptable for next time. Unless there is an overwhelming amount of feed back to do it again it probably won't happen. Cause, of course, if I don't plan it then most likely none of my friends will either. That's the price you pay when you're really the only planner in the group I guess. All in all I am very happy we finally made it happen and I totally enjoyed every minute of it. I'm still catching up on sleep but it was absolutely worth it.

Until next time folks!

~Tiffany




0 comments:

Post a Comment