Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, July 27, 2012

She Shares Friday with She Reads Truth


 Shortly after joining the blogging world I started to follow the She Reads Truth blog. This blog is for Christian women seeking to spend more time in God's word. They pick a daily devo plan to do and everyone in the She Reads Truth community follows along. It is a great place to meet other believers and unite as one body in Christ. I find that reading the devos and then checking out the comments other women leave is very helpful. I don't always understand every passage I read from the Bible so it's great to see what others get out of each study.
If you are in need of a great place for studying the Bible and a place to commune with some great Christian women then definitely check it out!

Right now we are going through a "Prayer" study using the YouVersion App or site. It has been insightful, challenging, confusing, encouraging, convicting and so much more.
I was so excited when to start this study with She Reads Truth that I even bought a new journal.
 
Isn't it purtty? :-D




 I have been just chiseling away in this journal. Writing down everything that comes to mind when reading each daily devo. So far what I've learned is that, and this is so cookie cutter Christian, prayer is essential to building up ones relationship with God. I know I know this is basically what everyone hears in Sunday school. And yeah I knew it before too but I haven't really been living it out. 
In following along with this study I am being challenged and constantly reminded to pray way more often then I have been. Prayer is something that needs to be an every day type thing. If we aren't praying then we're, in a way, ignoring God. In order to build a better relationship with our Father we need to commune with Him on a regular basis. 
It's like talking with a friend. If we aren't keeping in touch with them then we don't know how they're doing or what's going on in their life and vise versa. You need to talk with each other to keep up and build on the friendship. Otherwise it just flops and goes dull. That's definitely not how I want my relationship with God to be and in this I'm being challenged to spend more time with Him. It's not like I had completely stopped praying or anything it's just that I didn't have the desire to want to run to God and share every part of my life with Him like I use to. I didn't realize how stale my prays had become until starting this journey. This for sure isn't proving to be an easy task but I'm choosing to persevere. I'm not letting any more bumps in the road keep me from my Father. 
Another good thing I've been learning is that praying for others is an amazing rewarding experience. You really feel good when you think about others before yourself. We are all God's creation and we need to look out for each other. We can do so much more for someone when we pray for them instead of trying to help them in our own strength. 
Also, something that really struck me was that we should pray for our fellow believers. We are brothers and sisters in Christ and often we are at odds with each other. Rather than quarrel, we are to be lifting one another up to God and encouraging each other. Especially when we don't feel like it!

Philemon 1:4-6 "I always thank my God as I remember you in my prayers, because I hear about your love for all his holy people and your faith in the Lord Jesus. I pray that your partnership with us in the faith may be effective in deepening your understanding of every good thing we share for the sake of Christ"



SheShares

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love your post! :)

Alyssa said...

That is really cool! I had no idea that there was a blog too! I'll be checking that out now! :)

Post a Comment