Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Spontaneity

So this is my first blog ever! I originally didn't think I should start blogging because I didn't think my life would be interesting enough for other to read. But eh...who cares I'm doing it anyway now. :-)
Here goes nothing.


Yesterday I started off the day like any other. Work 8:30-5pm at Residency Bureau. The day went as most days usually go. Filings came in, checks were written, phones were answered, blah blah blah. Y'all get the idea.
There were two announcements at work that were pretty exciting to here. Unfortunately I can't relinquish that information yet. But trust me I will tell all in do time. 

Alright, so here is the best part of the day that I have been waiting to dish about. After work me and my best friend of all time, Jessica, went on a mini road trip to...wait for it...Sonic Drive-in in Edgewater. We LOVE Sonic. We got stuck in some rush hour traffic on the way there but that wasn't going to stop us. 
Of course once we got there we were very indecisive about what we wanted to get. But we narrowed things down and with a final "choose this hand or that hand" we ended up getting mozzarella sticks, onion rings and cherry limeades. Best decision ever!
Jess eating her Sonic Blast
Chocolate Malt

We devoured it all and still wanted more. Which means we then got ice cream. I got a chocolate malt and Jess got a butterfinger sonic blast. Both were delicious. I'd say we were more than happy with our decisions. :-)




Once we had finished at Sonic we thought it would be fun to go find a place to hang out by the Bay. Thus beginning the scavenger hunt to find a location, mainly a beach like place or a dock of some sorts.
I had remembered going to a mini beach place around Edgewater once before on a different spontaneous trip with another friend. That friend, Brianna, was from around that area so she was able to kind me to the "secret" location.
Unfortunately I couldn't remember exactly how to get there. Therefore Jess and I drove around looking for it. Jess followed the map on her phone and would tell me were to turn so we could check out possible sites that looked like they could be the place. Jess loved to tell me to "turn left" or "left here" right as the turn came up or as we almost passed it. lol Made for interesting travel that's for sure.

Sadly, we never found my little "secret" beach but Jess did lead us to a really cute area with a dock. It was in a private community so we had to park like a block away.
 We were satisfied with finding this place. It was just super cute and fun. I would totally not mind living in an area around this. It's great what ya find because of random adventures. :-)
Jess and Me

While we were there we saw a couple frogs in the water, a school of fish, and some geese. I wasn't able to get pictures of the frogs or fish cause my phone camera can't see through water. Oh well!
Jess thought she might fall in the water ;-P


In order to get pictures of the geese we had to walk across the grass but there was a LOT of goose poo. So we walked on the wood beam to avoid as much poo as possible. I turned around to take a picture of Jess as we walked.

The geese were too cute. There were two families. The first family had, I'm going to say "teen" geese(left) and the other had little baby geese.(right)
They started to leave as we came up but then the babies turned around and were coming back.

When we left this location we searched a bit more for my "secret" beach but still nothing. We then cut our losses and headed home. Jess and I had so much fun though. The trip was most certainly a success. :-D Yay for fun spontaneous adventures!







2 comments:

Jessica said...

Yay for spontaneous road trips with besties :) I had tons of fun. Thanks of thinking of it! And for chronicling the adventure on here. :) Love it!

Anonymous said...

Your life is way more exciting than you think. ;) Hugs!

Post a Comment